Saturday, December 22, 2012

Kapal ng Mukha Moment: Christmas 2012 Wishlist


My parents are cool.
 They allowed me to put up
an RH Parole this year!


Although my wish of a Purple Christmas is about to come true (THANK YOU, PNoy, legislators and RH Bill advocates – we did it!) yesterday was still December 21, 2012, apparently the end of the Mayan Calendar. If you believe the superstitious stuff, then it meant the world as we know it could have ended (I was hoping for a zombie apocalypse, but it didn't happen of course). Since we all should have died and Christmas is just three days away, I thought it might not be too self-centered to publish a wish list of what I want to get this holiday season and what I hope to achieve in 2013.





Here they are:

    1.       A purple scarf, to signify my devotion to the fight for comprehensive reproductive health.
Point Person: Nurse Alvin Cloyd Dakis. Seriously, he’s got about ten purple scarves in his closet.

    2.       A purple or violet top, preferably off-shoulder with ¾ sleeves which I can wear to more formal RH events. 
Point Person: My oh-so-fashionable femme fatale friends. Paging Tina Siuagan, Ruth Braga, Jessa Magcaling, Nicole Regala… Confession: I’m the only fashionably-challenged in circle of friends and acquaintances. I don’t even have a mirror in my room!

    3.       A Project Headshot photo.
A doodle in my notebook.
Point Person: AYNL A colleagues! Let’s get ours next year! ZERO HIV!

    4.       An organizer (a really thin one and made out of recycled paper, like those from Papelmerotti) and a notebook with thick, cream-coloured paper, lined with soft gray. You may also include a nice blue sign pen. There’s a cheap one that’s only PHP9.00.

Point Person: Andrei dela Cruz and Erick Bernardo. Why? Because they haven’t gotten me a planner yet.

    5.       A donation of school supplies. Please keep faces actors and actresses away from notebook covers, though.
Point Person: Anyone with a heart

    6.       A customized URL for my blog.
Point Person: Myself. Or Duston Barto. Duston, buddy, how the heck do I get a personal URL anyway, and how much? Excuse my technoidiocy.

    7.       A creamy tube of berry-colored lipstick with violet undertones.
Point Person: Nathalia Laguitan. Because she wore an awesome purple gown on her wedding and I loved it.

Layout by the ever-awesome Reigner "Panda" Antiquerra

    8.       A formal launch for the magazine I've worked on, Amuma.
Point Person: The editorial team and the writers. What do you say, people?


9.       A set of acrylic paint (red, blue, yellow, white and black). You can buy some in the paint store. They’ll put the paint in old peanut butter containers. That’s a lot of paint for PHP40 each.
Trivia: I actually love art. This one's an attempt at ruining a perfectly-usable canvas
with my attempt to paint a one-dimensional woman. 
    
Point Person: Myself. I’d really rather buy my own paint stuff. Or Anthony Abustan (just because I’m talking to him while typing this)

    10.   World peace. Thank you! *ala-Ms. Universe wave*
Point Person: Dreenah Gonzales.

    11.   A getaway. Somewhere quiet and preferably without signal and somewhere with a pool/beach/lake I can swim in. Come to think of it, I think I’m heading to CamSur next year.
Point Person: People with itchy feet.


    12.   A headset.
Point Person: Anyone. I am desperate.  Do you realize how difficult it is to be typing and reading and talking to someone on my cellphone at the same time? 

    13.   More advocacy work, hopefully geared towards women’s health and rights, rape prevention, and rape survival.
Point Person: Me, myself, and I plus my AYNLA colleagues!

    14.   More writing gigs!=)
Point Person: Me.

    15.   Another successful year for my beloved organization, the Alliance of Young Nurse Leaders and Advocates. Of course, this one would entail a lot of work, but that’s okay. We enjoy the toxicity. We love sleepless nights. In fact, we thrive in it. It’s like a drug, you know?
Point Person: AYNLAns
AYNLA during the H&L Awards ceremony =) We were the ONLY nursing organization awarded,
and I think we're also the craziest bunch of the night!

    16.   To have the insane courage to suck it up and start studying again – preferably law or maybe Women and Development.
Point Person: Me, and Joey dela Cruz to push me to take up Masters =P

    17.   To be able to attend at least three writing workshops.
Point Person: Writers Block Philippines, Visprint (would be awesome if they’d do something like this), and other writing groups/organization

    18.   To produce at least five short fiction and have the even more insane courage to submit for publication. I mean. I have stories running around my head and better out than in, right?
Point Person: Me, Morpheus and the Muse.

    19.   A collection of my favorite songs in an MP3 player. Sometimes it’s cool to just get lost in the music and drown everything else. But first, I need to buy an MP3 player.
Point Person: Those who can download from the Internet.

    20.   A better Philippines. Includes: repealing cyber-martial law, massive resignation of incompetent legislators and politicians, access to Universal Health Care, better system of education, and everything else a nation-lovin’ girl like me can ever wish for.  
Point Person: Divine Intervention, but since I doubt that’s ever going to happen, then I’ll stick with the Filipino people.


Actually, there’s so much more I want, but I think most of those can be achieved if I finally decide to get of my butt and work for it. I don’t really like asking people for stuff, but hey, it’s worth a try. I was actually too busy with paperwork yesterday to actually meditate on the fact that, yes, I could have died along with the entire world, but honestly if I had died, then there would be so many thing I haven't achieved yet. What's wrong with asking for a little helping hand, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment