Wednesday, July 4, 2012

So You Like Purple?

I must have gone crazy at some point today, because I am writing this.


This one’s done by request – my very first (and probably the last?) make-up tutorial. Yep, you've read it right. This post is about make-up. I’m not much of a fashion/beauty blogger, but I was chatting with a couple of kikay girls (my babe Tina Siuagan, who is a model, and make-up guru Jessa Magcaling) last night and I thought this would be a cool thing to do for them (so they can laugh at my silliness!).

So, before I lose the courage to post something as insane as my own make-up tutorial in my blog, I’ll start telling you the step-by-step process of doing an elegant purple eye make-up using mostly drugstore finds. Meaning we will be using stuff you can generally find at Watsons at very reasonable prices. Here’s a list of what I’ve used. You can customize/improvise  of course! Use whatever you have in your beauty kit!


Myra E Tinted Face Moisturizer (Beige)
Mary Kay Sheer Mineral Face Powder (Beige)
Nichido eye shadow and blush compact
Cover Girl Instant Cheekbones Contouring Blush in Rose Radine
Nichido Color Eyes Mascara and Liquid Eye Liner(black)
Nichido Satin Moist Lipstick in Candy
Avon Dual Ended Lipstick+Lip Gloss in Rose Quartz and Rose Shine


The How To’s


       1. Prime your face for make-up with foundation and concealer. Hide away your dark circles, and the dark/reddish areas around the nose and the mouth. I prefer using tinted moisturizer for this, though, because it has triple purpose: it prevents my skin from getting dry, it can be applied fast, and it gives me a good base to work on.


     2. Set your base with your favorite powder. Using your brush or your sponge, lightly dab the powder all over face. I use mineral make-up for this step, because it’s water resistant, and it doesn't crease.

     3. Define your eyebrows. Since this is a day look, make sure that it’s not overwhelming. There are many ways to do this: using a chisel brush, pick up a dark brown or gray eyebrow make-up and fill-in your eyebrows; or you can use your eye pencil. Don’t color your eyebrows in! Flick the pencil lightly for a more natural look. Follow the direction of the hair. If you have unruly eyebrows, try this trick: take an old mascara that you have lying around and use the wand to comb the hairs into place.

     4. Now the lids. Using your brush, sweep the lids with a light pink or white eye shadow. This will serve as your base, and the light color will help open up your eyes. Also, dab some on your brow line to highlight the area. For this part I actually used my Cover Girl blush. (Hey, it’s pigment, you can use it any way you like!)






     5. Pick out the second darkest shade and, starting from the corners of the eyes, apply it going towards the middle. Blend it to the light pink eye shadow, and sweep some over your crease. Of This will add definition and contour to your eyes. Do this only to the outer half part of your lids. Be careful with using too much pink, though, as it might make your eyes look irritated.

     6. Take your blending brush and swipe a thin layer of gold eye shadow over the entire lid. Gold is a warm color, and it complements most skin tone.

     7. Apply your purple eye shadow to the outer V’s of the eye and sweep it into the middle. Blend it in with the gold and the pink.

     8. Dab some gold eye shadow to the middle of the eye to highlight the area.

     9. Put some white eye shadow on the inner corners of your eyes. This will open them up further and make them look less tired. I promise it makes a difference!

    10. For a pop of color, use the purple eyeshadow to line the upper and the half lower lash line. Lining the lower lash line creates balances our eye make-up. I also like to line the inner half of the lower lash line with white, just to open the eyes more.


    11.  Using your favorite liquid eyeliner, line your eyes as close to the lashes as possible and wing it. The wings will lift your eyes further. Don’t pull on your lids, though! That would cause premature lines and wrinkles. Instead, use a q-tip.

    12.   Curl your lashes to prep them for mascara. Here’s a tip if you like using water-proof mascara: these products can actually dry your lashes! After taking the make-up off, use Vaseline to restore the moisture and keep your peepers healthy.

    13.   On to the cheeks. I’m using the same blush that I used on my eyes. Take your blush brush and use it to contour your face. Sweep it in the hollows of your cheeks.

     14.   Use the white eye shadow and sweep some on the bridge of your nose and on the apples of your cheek to highlight the areas and give you a dewy look.

     15.   Moisturize your lips and put on your favorite gloss or pink lipstick to complete the look. I'm using Nichido Satin Lipstick in Candy. I blotted it then topped it off with Avon’s Rose Shine lip gloss for a light shimmer. For fuller lips, dab some white eye shadow to your cupid’s bow. 





To turn this look from day to night, simply darken the colors.

Have fun with your make-up and I hope you enjoyed that tutorial. ^_^




PS: Happy Birthday Nr. Tina Siuagan! I don't know HOW you convinced me to do this, but you did anyway. So this one's for you ^_~

No comments:

Post a Comment