Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Finally, Nature! The Paradizoo-Residence Inn Experience

#PHBS Part 1

 

May 3 was an amazing day for the Philippine Health Bloggers Society. The Blogging for Health and Wellness workshop was  held on this day, and was organized by the group, together with Zoomanity Group. Our other sponsors included Gardenia, Victoria Court, Elabram Systems, and Global Learning Initiative (GLI).

It was also an amazing day for me. Having been stuck in the metro and overwhelmed by the huge pile of paperwork that I have to do, I really couldn't wait to get away. So, despite being part of the organizing committee and being a speaker of our blogging workshop, I still managed to a lot of fun. Who wouldn't? After all, we had great talks about blogging, in a wonderful place in Tagaytay, where we had good and healthy food, and lots of time getting back in touch with Mother Nature. The icing on the cake: Everything was FREE.

Free snacks from Paradizoo and great conversation with fellow bloggers make me happy :)


Needless to say, I was one happy kid.



I was quite happy to have spent time in Paradizoo, where we had our workshop. Despite the evil summer sun, walking around the farm was thrilling. I felt like a kid while checking out all of the animals in the farm, particularly the sheep (I want one :3) and the huge, grumpy-looking ostrich. I also got to feed love birds and pose with some pretty butterflies. The gardens were also quite nice. Paradizoo is known for its organic crops, but the flowers were also very beautiful.


 
One of the few pictures I took with my camphone. Flowers float in water in such a stunning arrangement.

According to our tour guide, we walked around 7 kilometers. Usually I'd feel tired by then, but this time it felt great, like I was healrhy and had no history of asthma. Nothing like the fresh air and the sights and sounds of nature to get you going.


After Paradizoo, we boarded our coaster and made our way to Residence Inn. We got there at around 5pm already, just in time to see the cute eagle owl by the entrance and the huge iguana next to it. I love Paradizoo for the long walks and the plant life, but Residence Inn gave me the thrill of seeing wild animals up close. We checked out the tigers and a couple of cute white lions. There were also monkeys which reminded me of days when I would happily spend afternoons being groomed by one. There was also a reptile place and I can say I saw a lot of familiar faces: albino python, reticulated python, and Burmese python. I also saw an alligator gar (albeit a mall one) and a huge silver arowana. I also pointed out to my fellow bloggers a Chilean Rose Tarantula, one of the less aggressive of its kind, and a perfect pet for newbie exotic lovers.

Unfortunately I didn't have the opportunity to touch any of these cuddly creatures. We got to Residence Inn too late.

Residence Inn also had a zipline attraction, which made my more adventurous friends happy. Likes, Drei, and Erick jumped on the ride immediately after having snacks. Of course, I stayed away from the scary ride. Everybody knows I'm acrophobic.

Apparently, not everyone's a scardy cat like me.

During one of the zipline rides, this one dude actually proposed to his girlfriend! And she said yes! Awww. True love!

(Of course, my adventure doesn't end there. I did travel several more hours to UPLB and had more awesome time. But that is another story.)

I've only got one problem about our Tagaytay trip: one day isn't enough to see and enjoy the entire thing! Bitin!

So when are we going back? :D




Photo credits: Yzak Vargas Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment