Sunday, November 17, 2013

ATTENTION: I'm Selling My Books!


I'm just going to come right out and say it: I'm selling my books. 

No, I haven't gone mad. I am still in love with reading and I still want to have my own library one day (when I can afford the space). The books I'm selling aren't stuff that I picked up, read, and found okay but forgettable. Here are some really good pieces of literature that I've enjoyed and would write reviews about if I wasn't afflicted by chronic writer's laziness.

Obviously, I'm selling them to raise money. I wish I can say that I'm going to be using the money to buy a tablet, or to update my dumb phone to a smart phone, or even to have the screen of my lappy fixed (right now, the laptop screen is dark and flickering, threatening to die on me anytime). Not really. I'm selling my books because some of my important people have/had family in places Super Typhoon Yolanda wrecked havoc to, and these people need help.

To be blunt, I have nothing else to give but my love. I wish it were enough, but you see, love isn't really in the first level of Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs. My love for these people will not relieve their hunger and pain. Prayers and emotions are ok, but those won't keep them alive.

So I's selling my books, because it might help a couple of survivors or so. Because even if it hurts me, those people who've gone through this disaster are hurting more, and will probably be hurting for a long time. 


Here are some of the stuff that's for sale. 

1. Naermyth by Karen Francisco (Visprint) for PHP200.00. Post-apocalypse Philippines and battles with mythological creatures. Slight damages on the cover.  

2. The Firewalkers by Erwin E. Castillo (UP Press) for PHP150.00. Magical. Yellowish tinge on cover and my name written on the first page.

3. Orosa-Nakpil Malate by Louie Mar A. Gangcuangco (English Version) for PHP200.00. HIV-AIDS awareness literature intertwined with a rather touching love story. Mint condition. RESERVED.^_^

4. Trese: Stories from the Diabolical by Budjette Tan and Kajo Baldisimo (Visprint) for PHP120.00. Stories that go bump in the night in the Trese World. New. SOLD!.^_^

5. The Lost Language by Marianne Villanueva (Anvil) for PHP200.00. Well written and moving stories by an award-winning writer. Yellowish tinge on pages and my name written on the first page. 

6. Smaller and Smaller Circles by F.H. Batacan (UP Press) for PHP 125.00. CSI in the Philippines. Brand new. SOLD!

7. Full Dark, No Stars by Stephen King (Pocket Books) for PHP 275.00. It's KING, need I say more? Minimal damage on the cover.

8. The Bluffer's Guide to Public Speaking by Chris Steward and Mike Wilkinson (Oval Books) for PHP 75.00. Damn useful book. Slightly yellowish tinge on pages. RESERVED ^_^

I'm also selling a couple of rare books that I got during one of the trainings I went to. You won't usually find these in the market.:

9. Marketisation of Governance: Critical Feminist Perspectives from the South by Viviene Taylor (Dawn Publication) for PHP300.00.

10. Weighing up Cairo: Evidence from women in the South (Dawn Publication) for PHP350.00. 

Other books I have:

1. Smoke and Mirrors by Neil Gaimam for PHP200.00.
2. Minggaw (Literotika) for PHP50.00

If you are interested in buying these books, you may get in touch with me through the following means:

1. Message me through my Facebook Page
2. SMS me at 09054167233.
Pick up points during Mondays through Fridays, Glorietta/SM Makati or Santanya Grove/SM Sucat in Paranaque, from 6:30PM-8:00PM. This is negotiable, of course. 

Let us all do what we can to help. Sometimes, the smallest things have the biggest impact.



1 comment:

  1. Mas maganda pa rin ang Tagalog version ng Orosa-Nakpil Malate! :P

    ReplyDelete