Saturday, December 31, 2011

Year Ender: Cool/Sucky/Awesome Stuff That I Got to Do in 2011


Above: Me with RH an environment and environment advocate Grace Bondad Nicolas protesting against Ayala Alabang's Anti-Condom Ordinance.

1. I got into social media activism, to express my naked support for things that I think matter, and rally against some preposterous propositions.




2.I got to teach an international English exam, develop programs for review, and do lots and lots of corporate writing, script writing, event organizing, hosting, and other such activities that I had no idea I was capable of doing!





3. I got published. And I worked my butt off too. I learned a lot from my mentor's brutal edits, obsessively researched facts, and challenged myself to think outside the usual realms of my writing.



Top Panel, from left to right:In various events with notable personalities such as sexual health advocate and writer Ana Santos; tour guide and TV personality Carlos Celdran; former Akbayan representative Risa Hotiveros. Lower Panel, left to right: Various personalities in RH Bill-I Support grand eyeball at The Living Roon; Members and officers of the Alliance of Young Nurse Leaders and Advocate in Mulat Pinoy's Beyond Condoms talk featuring Magsaysay Awardee and Thailand's Mr. Condom, Mechai Viravaidya.

4. I got to meet really great people who are inspiring and powerful.


Above (from left to right): Me, with the creators of Naermyth (Karen Francisco), News of the Shaman (Karl de Mesa) and Trese (Budjette Tan) during Visprint's WIT.

5. I got to read some really cool works of fiction and to meet the creators!



My Level 40 Assassin (Diablo 2, Expansion) and a newly-solved Rubik's cube puzzle.

6. I got to play the Rubik’s Cube, Diablo 2 Expansion Pack, and Warcraft 3! Deep gratitude to Julius Magpantay for showing me the many simple happiness of life.



Self explanatory.
7. I got to understand the power of social media first hand…and the responsibility of wielding it (and not to care about whatever bullshit people who don't know any better throw at me ^_~).


But the most important thing I got to do in 2011...is to have spent time with you, yes YOU. Whether or not you take time to peak into my blog (much appreciated if you have), I am extremely grateful to have spent time with you.


Now let's all bid 2011 goodbye, learn from it, love it, let it go.

Happy New Year, y'all!

2 comments:

  1. Great list of accomplishments for 2011; I hope to see you do much more in 2012. When's that book deal planned?

    ReplyDelete